Pitman training expands superachievers awards to reward voluntary organisations
This year could be a great year for community groups in Leeds thanks to a new Community Award announced by City Square based Pitman Training as part of its 2018 SuperAchievers activity and 180th year celebrations.
With £1000 worth of training up for grabs, community organisations in Leeds are being invited to tell their story and share their challenges for the chance to win support from the SuperAchiever Awards. If shortlisted their fate will then be in the hands of the Leeds public to vote, to try and ensure their local group is the one supported.
From marketing to social media, blog writing to web design, accounts packages to Microsoft training, there’s a variety of training available for volunteers and organisers to help fill skills gaps and improve existing knowledge, and Pitman is looking to provide the winners from the region with free training that often small volunteer led groups can’t afford to invest in.
The Leeds Centre Manager said; “We’re so excited about this new addition to SuperAchievers, which traditionally just rewards individual career achievements. To be able to boost knowledge and skill sets within community groups is a really worthy activity as it should help increase profitability, helping them generate more funds, save time through increased efficiency and increase the exposure of the groups through marketing know-how. In these groups there are often many unsung heroes working so hard, if we can support them to help them grow that’s a contribution we’ll be really proud of and they can achieve a lot with £1000 worth of training. I’d love to see a group from Leeds win this regional prize.”
Community groups also have the chance to submit a video to accompany their entry, which Pitman Training will share on their social media channels, to further raise awareness of the work that these groups do, whether they make it to shortlist stage or not. Pitman Training Group M.D Claire Lister said: “As part of this award we want to shine a light on local volunteers really contributing to our local communities, so we are excited to be able to give them a platform via our social media channels to shout from the rooftops about the incredible work they do. This way we hope to impact more than just those who win and support groups throughout the campaign”.
The UK’s leading independent training provider, Pitman Training launched the SuperAchievers Awards to show anything is possible and to help reward people committed to driving their careers forward in a bid to inspire more of the British workforce to strive for more. The categories available for entry are:-
- Inspirational Achiever of the Year
- Working Mum of the Year
- Working Dad of the Year
- PA of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Pitman Training Student of the Year
- Community Award (for local community groups) **NEW**
Winners of the core categories – PA of the Year, Working Mum of the Year, Working Dad of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Inspirational Achiever of the Year and Pitman Training Student of the Year – will all win an engraved award and a cheque for £500! The winners of the Community Awards will be awarded a fantastic £1,000 worth of training. With the vast range of training available this prize can help organisers or volunteers in the groups fill skills gaps or improve existing knowledge.
Nominations close: Friday 2nd March. The application process is quick and easy and can be completed online at www.pitmansuperachievers.com. Once entries have been submitted a shortlist is created, then the public have the opportunity to vote, alongside the judging panel on who they feel should be the winners.
This year’s judging panel includes;
- Abbie Coleman from Leeds is an entrepreneurial working mum of a 2 year old – a highly qualified recruitment consultant with 15 years’ experience in the industry, and over 7 years running her own recruitment firm, Harrington Norman, before she set up MMB Magazine in late 2015 – a website for working parents with all the information they need to advance their own businesses, careers or get that work life balance.
- Catherine Asta Labbett from Ilkley is a Psychotherapist transforming women to achieve their ‘Disco Ball Sparkle’ through working with to help overcome challenges and blocks that prevent them from living their best life. Catherine is also Founder of Girl Tribe Gang, a national community for women who have aspirations to be a #girlboss or who might be in the transition stage of ditching the 9-5 along with those who are already running their own business. Girl Tribe Gang is growing quickly across the UK as new ‘tribes’ launch nationwide each month and honorary members include Blogger Honest Mum and radio personality Stephanie Hirst. Catherine has been featured on BBC & CNN discussing the rise of the female entrepreneur and is passionate about supporting women through coaching, support, knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
Pitman Training Leeds offers flexible, tailor-made courses and qualifications with one-on-one student support in subjects including Office, IT, Administration, Finance and Business, which are recognised by employers. The teams also offer free career clinics and CVs advice. For more information see www.pitman-training.com/leeds